In 1912 Heinrich Essers founded the silk weaving mill based in Wassenberg in the Lower Rhine region.
Until 1978, the company was mainly active in the classic clothing and home textile industry. With the move to the present location, the repositioning started as a technical service provider for the tissue production and the corporate name changed to Schärerei Essers.
The company has been run by Heinz-Willy Essers in the third generation since 1985 and has specialized in niche applications through its strong diversification on high-performance materials and its innovative, tailor-made machinery.
In 2010 and 2016, the successor generation of the family entered into operative business with Julia Essers-Gullanger and Philipp Essers.
Today, the specialist for sectional warping and direct beaming is positioning itself as European market leader for the warp preparation of technical textiles and supplying customers worldwide.